The Scholarship Fund was created to support colleagues of color advance in EMDR.
At Rebecca Kase & CO, we recognize that systemic racism has created many social barriers for Black, Indigenous, People of Color (BIPOC). One of these includes education. BIPOC individuals have historically had poorer access to quality education, fewer opportunities to pursue advanced education, and even fewer opportunities towards specialty training and certifications. We want to try to make a difference as it relates to advanced clinical training for mental health professionals and social service providers.
Rebecca Kase & CO is proud to offer the following annual scholarships for training and advanced certifications, specifically available to BIPOC professionals. Scholarships are available specifically to Rebecca Kase & CO trainings.
- 2 full-ride scholarships for EMDR Basic Training for each training cohort- live or virtual format (valued at $1500 and 50 hours of education per training)
- Includes all lecture and consultation
- Trainees will need to purchase the Francine Shapiro text independently and print off training materials independently.
- 2 full-ride scholarships for Advanced EMDR Training (valued at $75-175 and 4-8 hours of education per training)
- 2 full-ride scholarships to non-EMDR training (valued at $45-115 and up to 8 hours of education per training)
- 2 EMDR consultation scholarships: 10 hours of group consultation towards certification or consultant in training status (valued at $400 per scholarship)
Selection criteria and application process
- Identifying information: Name, city & state, email, degree, license if applicable, profession, work setting & populations you serve
- Do you self-identify as a BIPOC clinician, who has been impacted by systemic racism as it relates to your access to fair, quality, and advanced educational opportunities?
- Which scholarship & training are you applying for?
- Please share a bit about yourself as a professional.
- What will you do with your advanced training? How will you make a difference in the world with the knowledge you gain?
- Anything else you feel is important for us to know as we review your application (ex: working for a non-profit, single-parent income, disabled, small business owner, working with refugees, etc.)?
Please complete a personal statement addressing the above questions. Please attach a copy of your resume to your personal statement and email to email@example.com.
- Scholarship applications may be sent in at any time but must be submitted 1 month prior to the training you are requesting a scholarship to.
- Applications will be reviewed and available scholarships awarded within 1 week of the application deadline.
- You may only receive 1 scholarship from Rebecca Kase & CO in your lifetime. This parameter is established to offer fairness and increase opportunities of financial assistance to a greater number of individuals.
- You must complete your training within 1 year of being awarded a scholarship.
- The same cancellation and attendance policies that apply to each training or certification apply to scholarship recipients.
- If you cancel your attendance for a training where a scholarship was awarded, you may lose your scholarship. We reserve the right to make such determinations on a case by case basis dependent on circumstances and reasons for cancellations. Emergencies, sickness and crises may be exceptions.
- Please see the application deadlines below.