Are you looking for a training to build conceptualization skills to work with disordered eating presentations? Are you curious as to how EMDR may be applied to those struggling with their relationship to food, their bodies, and themselves? Are you wanting to learn the protocols that can support these clients with their treatment goals? This training is for you.
Join eating disorder expert, EMDR consultant, and Rebecca Kase & CO Senior Faculty Member Cassie Krajewski for this live or on-demand advanced EMDR training.
Register for Live or On-Demand
What is Disordered Eating?
Disordered eating can take many forms–yoyo dieting, strict food rules, eliminating food groups, feeling out of control with food, skipping meals, numbing through food, purging, excessive exercise, and countless other ways. At the core of disordered eating and body image issues is often the deep-seeded belief of “I’m not okay as I am”, shrouded in intense shame. Many clients turn towards disordered eating to cope with trauma and attachment wounds, presenting a complicated treatment landscape for therapists who feel stuck with the question: “Where do I begin?”
Using EMDR Therapy with disordered eating can be a powerful healing tool but requires specialized training. This advanced training will give you the tools you need to work with this presentation with confidence and competence.
We will review the impact that diet culture and fatphobia has upon clients and therapists alike. We will briefly review neurobiology of disordered eating through the lens of Polyvagal Theory and how this informs our AIP case conceptualization, treatment goals, and skillful interventions. We will also learn assessment tools for disordered eating behaviors and defenses. Clinicians will learn several preparation techniques tailored to those with disordered eating and body image issues, including resourcing scripts, enhancing emotional and somatic awareness, and parts work. We’ll learn how to target disordered eating behaviors through symptom-focused protocols such as DeTUR and Feeling State protocols. Trainees will learn to develop a comprehensive treatment plan to address the trauma and attachment injuries underlying these presenting concerns using the standard protocol. Because there are often many defenses, blocking beliefs, and ambivalence with this population, we’ll review how to get unstuck with helpful interweaves.
This course consists of lecture and demonstration videos.
What this course covers:
- Neurobiology and polyvagal theory for case conceptualization
- Brief introduction to HAES and IE principles as an antidote to diet culture and fatphobia
- Resourcing techniques for disordered eating
- Working with ambivalence for change
- Integrating parts work with disordered eating presentations
- Techniques for building somatic awareness and safety
- Treatment planning and target sequencing
- Working with disordered eating related blocking beliefs and protector parts
- Specialty protocols applied to targeting disordered eating behaviors and thoughts
- Standard protocol applied to targeting the trauma driving disordered eating sympto
- Describe Health at Every Size and Intuitive Eating principles
- Utilize two evidenced-based assessment and screening tools for disordered eating
- Demonstrate at least three ways to resource clients with disordered eating
- Identify at least three types of target clusters for treatment planning related to disordered eating and complex trauma
- Apply at least two symptom-focused protocols for those struggling with disordered eating and complex trauma
- Describe how to utilize the standard protocol for disordered eating and complex trauma
- Identify at least three interweaves to get unstuck during reprocessing for those with disordered eating and complex trauma
About your trainer: Cassie Krajewski
Cassie is an LCSW, EMDRIA approved consultant, and Rebecca Kase & CO training senior faculty member. She is also an AASECT Certified Sex Therapist and a Licensed Addiction Counselor. Cassie has extensive experience working with disordered eating presentations and has worked in outpatient and intensive care settings. She takes a strengths-based, and trauma-informed approach to counseling, and believes that "each of us has inherent abilities to heal and live a fuller, more values-driven life". Cassie holds space for shame-free learning spaces, and exudes warmth and compassion in everything she does.
Learn how to take your clinical skills to a new level!
See our upcoming events below!
Jan 12-13th, 2023 9:00am-1:30pm MTN
EMDR & Ego States Winter 2023- Live or OnDemand Webinar
This is a virtual workshop
February 16-17, 2022 9:00am-2:00pm MTN
EMDR and Disordered Eating Winter 2023- Live or OnDemand Webinar
This is a virtual workshop