We are committed to supporting our fellow colleagues of color.
At Rebecca Kase & CO, we recognize that systemic racism has created many social barriers for BIPOC. One of these includes education. BIPOC have historically had poorer access to quality education, fewer opportunities to pursue advanced education, and even fewer opportunities towards specialty training and certifications. We want to try to make a difference as it relates to advanced clinical training for mental health professionals and social service providers.
Rebecca Kase & CO is proud to offer the following annual scholarships for training and advanced certifications, specifically available to BIPOC professionals. Scholarships are available specifically to Rebecca Kase & CO trainings.
Available Scholarships (offered on an annual basis)
- 2 full ride scholarships for EMDR Basic Training – live or virtual format (valued at $1400 and 50 hours of education per training)
- Includes all lecture and consultation
- Trainees will need to purchase the Francine Shapiro text independently and print off training materials independently.
- 2 full ride scholarships for Advanced EMDR Training (valued at $75-175 and 4-8 hours of education per training)
- 2 full ride scholarships to non-EMDR training (valued at $45-115 and up to 8 hours of education per training)
- 2 EMDR consultation scholarships: 10 hours of group consultation towards certification or consultant in training status (valued at $400 per scholarship)
Scholarships will be awarded 2x/year, with award periods being Jan-June & July-December.
Selection criteria and application process
- Identifying information: Name, city & state, email, degree, license if applicable, profession, work setting & populations you serve
- Do you self-identify as BIPOC, who has been impacted by systemic racism as it relates to your access to fair, quality, and advanced educational opportunities?
- Which scholarship are you applying for?
- Are there additional circumstances we should be aware of as related to your need for assistance (ex: working for a non-profit, single parent income, disabled, etc.)?
- Please share a bit about yourself as a professional.
- What will you do with your advanced training? How will you make a difference in the world with the knowledge you gain?
- Anything else you feel is important for us to know as we review your application?
Please complete a personal statement addressing the above questions. Please attach a copy of your resume to your personal statement and email to email@example.com.
- Scholarship applications will be reviewed as received and awarded so long as selection criteria are met, and scholarships are available.
- You may only receive 1 scholarship from Rebecca Kase & CO in your lifetime. This parameter is established to offer fairness and increase opportunities of financial assistance to a greater number of individuals.
- You must complete your training within 1 year of being awarded a scholarship.
- The same cancellation and attendance policies that apply to each training or certification apply to scholarship recipients.
- If you cancel your attendance for a training you were awarded a scholarship for, you may lose your scholarship. We reserve the right to make such determinations on a case by case basis dependent on circumstances and reasons for cancellations. Emergencies, sickness and crises may be exceptions.